Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving

Turkeys are already being stuffed and roasted. All the traditional favorites are coming together for a traditional feast. The Detroit Lions are preparing to be served up as sacrificial lambs for the Tennessee Titans – just like they’ve lost for the last four years. Thanksgiving Day is on the way.

As I reflect on the day, I reflect on the things for which I am most thankful this year:
I am thankful to be a fan of the Memphis Tigers, who have proved their ability to win on a level never seen before in college basketball, but also the ability to lose with grace.
I am thankful to know that my ultimate security is not dependent on an economy, but on the government – no, not that government – His government! ("Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this." (Isaiah 9:7, KJV)
I am thankful to be able to celebrate with my parents – remembering so many where we were separated by an ocean.
I am thankful to know health and happiness in this year when so many know illness and depression.
I am thankful to experience the Lord in the midst of a people who desire to know Him and to bring glory to His Name.

My prayer for you is that you sense His blessing and favor in this season of celebration!

No comments:

My prayer for 2024

  The study of God, theology, is multi-faceted with tributaries of importance that stream from the central concentration on God Himself.  Th...