Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Yes, I know I’m blessed but….

The big sporting news of the week is that Tiger Woods is coming back to play golf after recovering from significant injury. He is such an incredible athlete that he won his last tournament, the US Open….with a broken leg. He has a personal fortune of 600 million dollars, homes and cars….and it’s just not fair. It is not fair that he has all of this and I don’t.

Some of the greatest Christians I know live in mud huts. They plant and they reap and they suffer when there is not enough rain. They have no money; no retirement funds, and, no real promise of government help when they get too old to work. It’s just not fair that I have more than they do.

Life is a matter of perspective. I am blessed; so blessed. I have pretty good health, a great family and some good “stuff”. Yet, if I’m not careful, I can visit with someone who has more “stuff” and feel that somehow I’ve been shorted. The problem with the title is one word: but. Real Christian living begins with being able to say, “Yes, I know I’m blessed” and then put the period at the end.

Yes, I know I’m blessed.

No comments:

My prayer for 2024

  The study of God, theology, is multi-faceted with tributaries of importance that stream from the central concentration on God Himself.  Th...